- Photographic Design Gallery & Framing, 411 Sixth St., will give every visitor a discount of up to 50% on most items in the gallery. There will also be live music and refreshments. Hours are 4 to 9 p.m.
- Racine Heritage Museum, 701 Main Street, is pleased to be hosting Happy Danes on the Plains, a traveling exhibit by of the Museum of Danish America in Elk Horn, Iowa. The museum will customize the traveling exhibit by featuring Racine County’s own Danish stories alongside it. Discover the happy and holy Danes in Racine’s churches, learn where and why Danish immigrants found ready employment in Racine County, encounter local Danes involved in national and global events, celebrate Racine’s Danish bakeries, remember the Danish Old Peoples Home, and much, much more.
- Seebecks, 402 Main Street, welcomes new local artist Gwen Granzow as their June Artist of the Month with an opening reception on First Friday. Through intense color, complexity and contrast she portrays the world around her in a positive, slightly whimsical way. By layering shapes, textures and colors Gwen adds depth to the 2-dimensional surface of the canvas. Join us for this free event! Gwen’s work will be on display at Seebecks June 5-27.
- Plumb Gold Ltd., 322 Main Street, is celebrating June birthdays by offering special pricing on all pearls and pearl jewelry. Huge selection at affordable prices! Great for graduation and confirmation too!
- Copacetic, 409 Main Street, invites you to be part of a special blessing at 5pm from Fr. Bob from St. Luke's Church. For the rest of the evening, Copacetic will be hosting Clare Johnson, owner of Your Photo is Art. You captured the moment with your camera. Let her bring your photo to life and transform it into a stunning canvas print. They take great personal joy in bringing your photos to a work of art, gallery wrapped and ready for display. Transform your photo into a stunning canvas print. This is a perfect Father's Day or wedding gift idea.
- Sweet Flame, 335 Main Street, Hot Shots! Hot sauce tasting from 6pm-9pm. Heat up your Friday night and try some gourmet hot sauces. The folks from Tabal Chocolate will also be here featuring chocolate with chili and many other hand made chocolate varieties. Stop by for free samples!
- Join us at Northern Lights Gallery at 423 Main Street for First Friday on June 5th. Macyn Taylor is performing in Memphis this weekend, in her place Casey Olson a talented UW Milwaukee acoustic guitar player will be performing. While being entertained check out all the new product for the 2015 season including jewelry, home decor, and more. Open 7 days a week. Contact us at 262-635-0580 or email@example.com. Like us on Facebook for more First Friday information and other updates from the gallery.
- This summer, RAM, 441 Main Street, explores the intersection of art with subjects that inspire devoted “fan” followings. Open through September 6, A Whole Other World: Sub-Culture Craft presents art influenced by the science fiction and fantasy-based themes of Doctor Who, Star Wars, steampunk, and superheroes. Enjoy free museum admission and extended hours from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm. Make Yoda Best Art2D2 during RAM's Free Family Hands-On Art Activity from 4:00 - 8:00 pm. Guests to the museum are encouraged to dress in Sci-Fi and Dr. Who attire on Friday, June 5. Come to the RAM Museum Store and get a deal! Come dressed in Doctor Who garb and get 10% off your purchase. Be smart and get 20% of any book or catalog in the RAM store.
- Hot Shop Glass, 239 Wisconsin Avenue, is the hottest spot downtown. Stop in and see glassblowing demonstrations & shop our gallery from 5-8:30pm. A gift certificate for our popular Explore Glass Class makes a great Father’s Day present.
- Folks had so much fun last month on the sidewalk outside of Dover Flag & Map, 323 Main Street! Returning for June, the sidewalk outside the shop will be designated as "The Official Silly Walk Sidewalk". If you remember Monty Python and the famous "Ministry of Silly Walks" skit, c'mon down and strut your stuff! Kick up your heels and swivel your hips - make sure to record your Special Silliness, then post your videos to the First Fridays Facebook Page! Continue the laughter inside Dover Flag & Map where the ever popular Nano Bug Races will be held for fun and prizes!
- Visit the gals at Funky Hannah’s Beads & Art, 324 Main Street, to see how easy it is to make your own earrings and enter to win a free bead class this summer! Be inspired to create your own one of a kind jewelry, it’s so easy, fun & affordable! See the amazing line up of classes and learn about their Creative Kids Bead Camp!
- Join Henry & Wanda’s, 501 6th St, for live music featuring Xeno & Joe (cool rockin’ vocals and highlighting an amazing violinist). Their dinner special this week is featuring their Hawaiian Pizza . This week's $7 Martini Special is a delicious Cucumber / Melon Martini (Summer is here!) Enjoy an upscale interpretation of classic American dishes served in an elegant relaxed atmosphere. Dinner served until 10 p.m. on the weekends. Enjoy live bands every Friday & Saturday from 8 p.m. - Midnight!
- Axis Kitchen & Bath Design Center, 304 Main Street, will be having their annual Home Improvement sale. They are offering up to $10,000.00 in savings on labor and materials. You can apply their sale on a kitchen, or bathroom remodeling project. They also would like to extend the sale for any home improvement from painting to remodeling.
- The doors of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 614 Main St, will be open for you on First Friday, June 5! Brochures for self-guided tours of the church will be available from 5:00-7:00 p.m. The alternative/indie rock band Josh Krug and Friends will perform from 6:00-7:00 p.m. in Simpson Hall. Fr. Bob Lambert will lead Evening Prayer in the church at 7:00 p.m. to conclude the evening's program. St. Luke’s Episcopal Church is located at the corner of 7th & Main and is wheelchair-accessible.
- DP Wigley and Hop To It will feature Mark Flynn’s winning home brew, which was launched by Lakefront Brewery at this year’s Belle City Beer Festival on May 9th at Festival Hall after he won first prize at last year’s festival. "Grandma Latka's Polish Lager" is now on tap at many of Racine's restaurants and taverns, and Mark's version will be available for sampling on First Friday, June 5th, at DP Wigley and Hop To It. In addition to the beer and wine samplings at Hop To It, get a sneak preview of Reclaim-It, a new section for antique and repurposed items inside DP Wigley.
- Blue Rock Taphouse, 306 6th St., If you're a beer lover then this is the place to enjoy a fresh cold one! We have over 50 beers to choose from, all rotated and kept as cold as possible. Our tap lines are regularily cleaned according to Brewers Association standards. Domestic bottles are only $1.00 from 8 - 10pm and we also have great deals on mixers and tasty pizza!
- June is the month to honor the Dads and Grads in your life, and Art Metals Studio, 332 Main Street, is here to help you celebrate! Enter their June “Dads and Grads” raffle to win a $50 gift certificate toward any in-stock item. Two ways to enter: 1) for 1 raffle entry, go to their Facebook page, find the “Dads and Grads” post and write about your favorite Dad or Grad to be entered to win! To qualify, online entries must be received before Midnight CT on June 12th. One online entry per person. 2) for 3 raffle entries, visit Art Metals Studio in person at 332 Main Street on First Friday, June 5th, and ask to enter the “Dads and Grads” contest. While you’re enjoying the Frist Friday party, browse their selection of beautiful handcrafted jewelry, titanium watches for men and women, and much more! See you Downtown!!!
- envi ultra lounge, 316 Main Street, will have a table outside to serve you wild berry mojitos and regular mojitos. Dining 5-10pm. DJ & dancing 10pm to bar close. New spring drink menu.
- Ivanhoe Pub & Eatery, 231 Main Street, Fish Fry, gluten free optional, is served 11am to 10pm and a late night menu after 10. New Spring drink menu and 26 beers on tap.
- Carriage House, 220 State Street, will have cheese and sausage platters out for sampling at the tasting bar.
Check out all the happenings at www.firstfridaysracine.com and don’t forget to like us on FACEBOOK too!
Spend an evening with friends and family enjoying downtown . . . the BEST of Racine. Find out about the latest happenings, in store specials and links to your favorite spots downtown here. Mark your calendar for every First Friday through December!
Be sure to thank our merchants for continuing to bring First Fridays to downtown Racine!