- Enjoy FREE admission at RAM, 441 Main Street, during First Friday in Downtown Racine on April 1, from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm. RAM's 7th Annual International PEEPS Art Exhibition is back! One of the museum's most popular competitions, the show's popularity has drawn thousands of visitors to RAM to enjoy the riot of electric pastels brought together in creative PEEPS® pieces. Vote for your favorite work of art to decide who will take home the coveted PEEPles Choice Award and come and pick up your free Peeps activity book while supplies last!
Place a Bid and Win an Elna Experience 520 Sewing Machine -
Simple, speedy, responsive, fun to use, and equipped with the latest technology. Retail value - $999. Opening bid - $300. Bids are accepted in-person at Racine Art Museum until Sunday, April 3 at 5:00 pm. All proceeds raised will help support exhibition and education programs at RAM.
- Windy Hope, one of Wisconsin’s Most Popular female singers in Wisconsin, will be performing on Friday April 1, 2016 on the stage at Divino Gelato Café at 245 Main Street in downtown Racine. Windy is the former lead singer for Cold Sweat and The Brew City Horns and now is the female lead singer for Streetlife, one of Wisconsin’s top bands.
- The doors of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 614 Main Street, will be open on First Friday, April 1. Tours of the church will be given from 5:00-6:00 p.m. Fr. Bob Lambert will give blessings-on-the-go to people and businesses in the downtown area from 5:00-5:30. The Racine International Folk Dancers will be doing and teaching folk dances from the Americas, Africa, Europe, and Asia in Simpson Hall from 6:00-6:45. Travel the world in 45 minutes through dance! Prayers for the needs of the world will be offered at 7:00. Looking ahead: the May 6 program will feature the Irish/bluegrass music of County Crossings. St. Luke’s Episcopal Church is at the corner of 7th & Main and is handicapped-accessible. For information, please call 262-634-5529.
- At Sweet Flame, 335 Main Street, It's Honey Do Friday! Stop by and sample our new honey varieties from Spain, Mexico and the Pacific Northwest from 6pm-9pm. A sweet treat to welcome the return of First Fridays!
- Nothing is more Wisconsin than a Friday Night Fish Fry. After 4pm, The Ivanhoe Pub & Eatery, 231 Main Street, has a classic fish fry with all the fixings! Choose from Guinness battered cod or hand battered Perch or Walleye for $13.
- Let's get WACKY at Dover Flag & Map! Walk the Silly Walk Zone outside this shop at 323 Main Street, then come in to find your new yard spinner or decorative flag for Spring. Receive a discount on your total purchase equal to the number of letters in your first and last name. Don't try to bluff the gals with a fake name - you may be required to show them your driver license. Bring your friends and challenge them to a rousing Nano Bug Race! Lucky winners might even win prizes. Or not.
- First Fridays at Carriage House, 220 State Street, are always a great time! Between our tap beers and tap wine, specialty cocktails, open spirits and single serve beers and malt beverages, we have your thirst at the bar covered! Want to take something to go? That is why we are a liquor store. Come on in and check out our selection for your other drink pleasures. We look forward to seeing you at the Carriage House soon.
- The Artists Gallery, 401 Main Street, proudly host their annual student show. This year, works from students from Case, Walden, and Park High Schools will be on display from April 1st to the 29th.
- Uncorkt, 240 Main Street, will feature LIVE music from the Duosonic duo (Racine's favorite dance band) from 7 pm until 10 pm. Uncorkt will be serving $5 glasses of their weekly featured wines, FREE wines samples from 6-8 pm, no corking fees on over 600 bottles of wine, or open one of over 100 bottles of craft beer or cider starting at $2.75. Uncorkt, downtown Racine's largest wine bar serving wine, craft beer and good company every day.
- April Foolin'- time to play "Know Your Bling" at Art Metals Studio, 332 Main Street! Stop in the store at any time on Friday, April 1st, and try your hand at Diamond identification. Guess the correct stone to be entered into a drawing for a super-sparkly Art Metals Studio stick pendant! Guess wrong? AMS's knowledgeable staff will be there to educate you on how to tell the difference in the future. Shine on!!! See you there!
- It's the First First Friday! It may be April fool's but the deals here at envi, 316 Main Street, are no joke! We will be having our outside bar open in front featuring our signature color changing plastic cups serving classic & wild berry mojitos! First mojito will be $8, come back with our envi cup anytime after for $5 refills. Once all the shenanigans outside are finished, make sure to stop back, we will be having a DJ starting at 10pm.
- Seebecks, 402 Main Street, is turning 2 and we’d love to celebrate with you! Join us from 4:30 – 9 PM for an evening full of giveaways and games! The first 50 people can choose a cupcake bath bomb for a chance to win a special prize from our favorite artists. Make a purchase this evening and spin the game wheel for a try at additional savings! We will have birthday refreshments & snacks, as well as a taste test of NEW Wine Slushies! And to top it off receive a free Pandora bracelet with a purchase of Pandora jewelry of $100 or more. See details at the store. So come celebrate with us at Seebecks! No RSVP needed.
- Artistic accessories abound at Funky’s! Let the creative team at Funky Hannah’s, 324 Main Street, show you how easy it is to make earrings & bracelets with the amazing array of beads in our shop—pick beads you like and we’ll create with them…it’s so easy! Demonstrations on demand beginning at 4pm. Shop til 9pm and see the latest classes through May!
- Visit the hottest spot downtown- Hot Shop Glass, 239 Wisconsin Avenue, for mesmerizing glass blowing demonstrations from 5-8:30pm! It’s fun for the whole family to watch artists turn 2000º molten glass into art right before your eyes!
Check out all the happenings at www.firstfridaysracine.com and don’t forget to like us on FACEBOOK too!
Spend an evening with friends and family enjoying downtown . . . the BEST of Racine. Find out about the latest happenings, in store specials and links to your favorite spots downtown here. Mark your calendar for every First Friday through December!
Be sure to thank our merchants for continuing to bring First Fridays to downtown Racine!