- The doors of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 614 Main Street, will be open for you on First Friday, May 1! Brochures for self-guided tours of the church will be available from 5:00-7:00 p.m. The Racine International Folk Dancers will be doing English country dancing in Simpson Hall from 6:00-6:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to participate. Come and dance! Come and watch! Fr. Bob Lambert will lead Evening Prayer in the church at 7:00 p.m. to conclude the program. St. Luke’s Episcopal Church is at the corner of Main St. and 7th St. and is wheelchair-accessible.
- envi ultra lounge, 316 Main Street, will have outside service featuring wild berry mojitos and regular mojitos. Enjoy Dining 5-10pm. DJ & dancing 10pm to close. Explore our new spring drink menu.
- Ivanhoe Pub & Eatery, 231 Main Street, welcomes you to catch our Fish Fry, including a gluten free option, from 11am to 10pm and a late night menu after 10pm. New, fun Spring drink menu and 26 beers on tap.
- Carriage House, 220 State Street, stop in and try our favorite specialty cheese and sausage samples at the tasting bar.
- Seebecks, 402 Main Street, welcomes Racine artist, Phil Saxon as their May Featured Artist. Phil’s artistic influence originates from the Modernists and the early Expressionists of the 20th century. His work primarily expresses the figure and is direct and bold through his use of color and line. Stop in to meet the artist during this free event. Phil’s work will be on display May 1-30.
- Metal sculptor Ed Janecek's work is highlighted in May at the Artists Gallery, 401 Main Street. Opening night held on First Friday May 1st will include a reception open to the public from 6pm to 9pm. Ed Janecek recycles farm and industrial parts into works of art that are suitable as indoor or outdoor sculpture. Mother's Day is coming up and if your mother is a gardener, you'll want to take a look at his work. Find samples of his work at www.artistsgalleryinracine.com.
- Sweet Flame, 335 Main St., Join us for Mustard May-Hem from 6-9pm. We will feature free tastings, new products and special vendor appearances. Send your taste buds on a journey!
- Macyn Taylor returns to Northern Lights Gallery at 423 Main Street for the 7th consecutive year for May 1st First Friday. Stop in and welcome Macyn while enjoying our new gallery look and all the new product for the 2015 season including jewelry, home decor, and more. Find a unique gift for Mother's Day on May 10th! Open 7 days a week.
- EYEopenerZ 10 year anniversary party! EYEopenerZ, 334 Main Street, is celebrating our Ten year anniversary this First Friday May 1st from 5-10. Please stop by for some snacks, camaraderie, live music. It has been such a pleasure to be part of SE Wisconsin and especially Downtown Racine. Springs latest great selection: sunglasses for everyone! Come spend a few minutes or the whole evening with old and new friends and family downtown for what will be our greatest event, so far! SEE you there! --Ken Brown, proprietor.
- Enjoy free admission and extended hours from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm at the Racine Art Museum 441 Main Street. Drop in from 4:00 to 8:00 pm to create Epic Tales, art inspired by a featured recent acquisition to the museum's collection by artist Mariko Kusumoto. Visit Body Language: New Acquisitions in Figurative Work for free before it closes on Sunday, May 3. Also, in RAM’s Windows on 5th Gallery, Charlotte Kruk: Consumer Couture – The Politics of Having has a fresh new look. With both humor and a serious intent, Kruk has created a series of vignettes within the windows that explore the dynamics of a "disposable, packaged society".
- Photographic Design Gallery & Framing, 411 Sixth St., features artist, Kelly Witte. Kelly’s acrylics are whimsical and boldly colored pieces inspired by abstraction, surrealism, pop art and graffiti. Her exhibit will be on display until May 31. Hours 4 – 9 p.m. Artist reception 6 – 9 p.m.
- Let the gals at Funky Hannah’s, 324 Main Street, show you how easy it is to make your jewelry! Want to get started on your own creative adventure? See how easy it is to make your own earrings with the amazing array of beads in our shop! Demonstrations from 4-9pm. See the latest in class offerings through June!
- Hot Shop Glass, 239 Wisconsin Avenue, welcomes First Friday visitors to the studio to watch our artists turn molten glass into art right before you eyes--- from 5-8:30pm. Shop our lovely gallery of hand blown glass from our studio or pick up a gift certificate for one of our fun workshops – a great Mother’s Day gift!
- Picture yourself at the Derby in a fancy hat from Copacetic, 409 Main St. Come try on a hat, have your picture taken and enjoy a $10 discount off any in-season fashion hat. Copacetic is your downtown destination for hats, caps and visors. They have all seasons in store year around and they will help you find the hat that fits you best.
- Forsooth! Set aside your serious self and saunter down to Dover Flag & Map, 323 Main Street. The sidewalk outside this shop will be designated as "The Official Silly Walk Sidewalk" for First Fridays. Those old enough to remember Monty Python and the famous "Ministry of Silly Walks" skit can strut their stuff for all to see. Kick up your heels, swivel your hips, stumble and bumble. Make sure to record your Special Silliness on your oh, so smart phones, then post your videos to the First Fridays Facebook Page! Continue the laughter inside Dover Flag & Map where the ever popular Nano Bug Races will be held for fun and prizes!
- Pepi's Pub and Grill, 618 6th St. would like to welcome Wisconsin's own Potosi Brewery for a tap takeover. Enjoy some of their beers including two of their limited release Barrel aged varieties. Featured beers will be $1 off and flights will be $5. Also try our hand battered Fish Fry basket (Gluten free available) featuring cod and crispy house chips!
- Join Henry & Wanda’s 501 6th St. Racine for First Fridays featuring the Back to Maryland Band (Dance Hits) Their dinner special is featuring $1 off any of our artisan pizzas as well as any of our fish specialties. This weeks $7 Martini Special is their special Watermelon Martini (Summer us here). Enjoy an upscale interpretation of classic American dishes served in an elegant relaxed atmosphere. Dinner served until 10 p.m. on the weekends. Enjoy live bands every Friday & Saturday from 8 p.m. - Midnight! Great Food - Great Service - Great Music . . . Henry & Wanda’s.
- Plumb Gold Ltd., 322 Main Street, New Designs arriving soon!! We need to make some room . . . Stop in for our "Celebrate Spring Sale"! Select designs up to 20% off!
- Uncorkt-Wine Bar, Craft Beer and Good Company, 240 Main Street., Join us on "May Day" from 6-10pm. We will have free wine tastings from 6-8pm and returning for this First Friday, from 7-10pm, the band Duosonic will be playing great dance music! Enjoy a great $5 glass of wine or a low priced craft beer/cider and some free great music in our comfortable atmosphere.
Check out all the happenings at www.firstfridaysracine.com and don’t forget to like us on FACEBOOK too!
Spend an evening with friends and family enjoying downtown . . . the BEST of Racine. Find out about the latest happenings, in store specials and links to your favorite spots downtown here. Mark your calendar for every First Friday through December!
Be sure to thank our merchants for continuing to bring First Fridays to downtown Racine!