- The world is in bloom and you should be too! This weekend at Art Metals Studio, 332 Main Street, the beautiful Sterling Silver nature-inspired Jewelry of Kelim will be 20% off! Take the opportunity to complete your set, or find a few fresh “blooms” for your summer wardrobe! See you Downtown!!!
- Twice Baked Pottery will have its resident potter throwing the fun, functional pottery they are known for in the window. Come on by and watch the live pottery demonstrations and stop by the shop to see all of Scott’s new creations! Don’t forget, you can always find the perfect wedding, shower, and house-warming gifts at Twice Baked Pottery!
- Dimples Imports, 416 Main Street, welcomes Bob Treml on guitar/vocals. Bob has toured the country in the 1970’s playing all the hits and has performed with various bands in the Milwaukee & Racine area throughout his long musical career.
- McAuliffe's On The Square, 213 6th Street, brings a fun DJ playing 80's and 90's music to the First Friday festivities. Costumes encouraged.
- Let the gals at Funky Hannah’s, 324 Main Street, show you how easy it is to make your own fabulous jewelry for the summer season! Demonstrations from 4-9pm. Shop & create in our workshop space all evening. See the projects featured in our summer class schedule and enter to win a free class!
- Ivanhoe Pub & Eatery, 231 Main St. First Friday is on its way its all but natural to think fish fry! With Guinness battered Cod, Walleye, Perch, there is only one place to be this first Friday, The Ivanhoe! Make it your first stop for First Friday fish fry and lots of fun and drinks.
- Join us at Northern Lights Gallery at 423 Main Street for First Friday on July 1st. Singer and guitarist Macyn Taylor will provide music; this is her 9th year performing at the gallery for this event! Shop artisan jewelry, home decor, fashion accessories, and unique gifts. Open 7 days a week.
- Wilnette Springs: Natural Resource, Local Product opens First Friday, July 1 in the Waterways exhibit at Racine Heritage Museum, 701 Main Street. Discover the location of this natural spring, who tapped it and sold it, and when and why sales ended. Racine Heritage Museum, 701 Main Street, is open First Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Regular hours are Tuesday through Friday 9 to 5, Saturday 10 to 3, and Sunday noon to 4. Admission is free.
- Carriage House Liquor Co. 220 State St. First Friday at Carriage House is always a great time! Between our tap beers and tap wine, specialty cocktails, open spirits and single serve beers and malt beverages we have your thirst at the bar covered! Want to take something to go? That is why we are a liquor store. Come on in and check out our selection for your other drink pleasures. We look forward to seeing you at the Carriage House soon.
- The Racine Art Museum, 441 Main Street, welcomes visitors to enjoy free RAM admission and extended hours from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm on Friday, July 1. See Go for Baroque: Opulence and Excess in Contemporary Art featuring artists that investigate contemporary cultural, social, and historical ideas with works that look like banquet centerpieces, extravagant jewelry, or lavish wall pieces. Also open, Precious Metals: Shining Examples from RAM’s Collection explores our innate fascination with things that glisten and plays with notions of preciousness and material value. Go Over the Top from 4:00 to 8:00 pm with the Free Hands-On Art Activity. Swing in to summer with 20% off greeting cards, boxed cards, puzzles, and all stationary in the Museum Store. And, load up on great summer reads with books priced as low as $1.
- envi ultra lounge, 316 Main St., will have our outside bar open featuring our signature color changing plastic cups serving classic & Wild berry mojitos! First mojito will be $8, come back with our envi cup anytime after for $5 refills. Once all the shenanigans outside are finished, make sure to stop back, we will be having a DJ starting at 10pm.
- Hot Shop Glass, 239 Wisconsin Avenue, is the hottest place downtown! Studio owners Dan Sviland & Amanda Paffrath will create blown glass art from 4-8:30pm! Stop in and see the action, shop the lovely gallery and be inspired to take a workshop.
- Pepi's Pub and Grill will be having a Tap Takeover with New Belgium & will be serving up our delicious Fish Fry 4-10pm!
- It is the Annual Flag Sale at Dover Flag & Map, 323 Main Street! All U.S. flags are on sale 20% off until July 3, U.S. flag kits on sale 10% off. Stop in to buy your new flag and fly it with pride on the holiday - and the rest of the year. Be sure to strut your stuff in front of the shop in the Silly Walk Zone - do your best high step, zigzag, hitch and stumble to impress your family and friends! The first 100 visitors will receive a free pair of 3-D Fireworks Glasses! (one pair per customer, please)
- Join Henry & Wanda’s, 501 6th Street, for First Friday July 1st featuring the Laurie Lewis & Co. Band from 8pm-midnight (Racine’s premier Motown, R&B Dance Band). Enjoy an upscale interpretation of classic American dishes served in an elegant relaxed atmosphere. Dinner served until 10 p.m. on the weekends. Their dinner special this week is featuring a Succulent Grilled Salmon…Hand smashed Garlic Mashed potatoes, fresh Asparagus and all drizzled with Hollandaise Sauce. This weeks $7 Martini Special is a delicious Patriotic Punch Martini (Three Olives Cherry Vodka and fresh Lemonade) Great Food - Great Service - Great Music … Henry & Wanda’s
- Red Moon, 335 Main Street, Join us for our annual Pickle and Bloody Mary tasting. Stop by and sample Pickles and Bloody Mary Mix from The Real Dill from 6pm-9pm.
- The red doors at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 614 Main Street, will be open on First Friday, July 1. Members offer tours of the historic church from 5:00-6:00 p.m., with blessings-on-the-go from Fr. Bob Lambert. The Belle Ensemble Duo (Melissa Cardamone and Nicholas Barootian) perform an all-American vocal repertoire from 6:00-6:45. Prayers for the needs of the world conclude the program at 7:00. Looking ahead: “Games & Fun” on August 5 features music by Horlick grads! St. Luke’s Episcopal Church is at the corner of 7th & Main and is handicapped-accessible. For information, please call 262-634-5529.
- Seebecks, 402 Main Street, is delighted to welcome, Lake Geneva Oil Painter, Angela Gelasi as the July Artist of the Month with an opening reception on First Friday, July 1st. Angela finds inspiration in the “subtle beauty and enduring charm” of the Midwestern landscape. Her paintings, Intimate Portraits of the Midwest are “inspired by the calm…a moment of fleeting light and color.” Gelasi believes, “An artist will remind you of what you have neglected, reveal treasures you may have overlooked [and] make wonderful the commonplace.” She has studied under numerous acclaimed artists and has her works in homes of private collectors around the world. Angela’s paintings will be on display at Seebecks July 1 – 31. The artist will be in reception from 5-8 p.m. on July 1, 2016.
- Please join us for an exciting art exhibit at Olympia Brown Unitarian Universalist Church, 625 College Ave, from 5-8pm. “Navigating the Ups and Downs of Mental Health through the Visual Arts” Help create a community mural. Music of the Beatles. Refreshments. The event is co-sponsored by OBUUC, Friendship House, St. Luke’s Hospitality Center, and NAMI of Racine County.
Check out all the happenings at www.firstfridaysracine.com and don’t forget to like us on FACEBOOK too!
Spend an evening with friends and family enjoying downtown . . . the BEST of Racine. Find out about the latest happenings, in store specials and links to your favorite spots downtown here. Mark your calendar for every First Friday through December!
Be sure to thank our merchants for continuing to bring First Fridays to downtown Racine!